– 1 lemon, juiced
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 1/4 cup white vinegar
– 1/4 cup water
– 1 1/2 pounds dried figs
– 1 lemon, sliced
– 12 chicken thighs
– salt to taste
– 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
– 1 teaspoon dried parsley
– In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, brown sugar, vinegar and water; set aside.
– Place figs and lemon slices in the bottom of an 11×16 inch baking/roasting dish. Arrange chicken thighs on top, then pour vinegar mixture over chicken. Finally, sprinkle with salt and dried parsley to taste.
– Bake/roast at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 50 minutes, basting frequently (turn figs if they begin to brown).
– With a slotted spoon, remove chicken, figs and lemon slices from baking dish and place on a warm platter. Skim fat from cooking juices, then pour over chicken as sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.